Husqvarna Care™ - Warranty Policy
Husqvarna Forest & Garden company guarantees the function of all Husqvarna branded Products and will repair or replace any part that has factory defects which appear due to faulty installation or defective parts free of charge when performed by authorised Husqvarna workshops during the warranty period.
The product is accepted for warranty repair to the original purchaser under normal use and maintenance during the warranty period when accompanied with a proof of purchase. In case you discover a fault in the product, stop using the product at once and contact an authorised Husqvarna dealer immediately. Deliver it in the condition in which the product was at the moment of occurrence of the fault.
Get the dealer advantage
Only qualified Servicing Dealers with unrivalled expertise sell and service our products. All products are sold assembled, pre-delivered and ready to use with a full warranty. Your local authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealer will help you get the most out of your Husqvarna product.
Husqvarna 5 year domestic warranty program
How the program works?
To extend the standard 2 year domestic warranty to a total 5 years
A. The consumer must purchase the required minimum pack quantity of genuine Husqvarna oil with the respective Husqvarna finished product at the point of purchase. Minimum genuine Husqvarna oil purchase requirements that apply to Husqvarna finished product purchases are listed as follows:
2-stroke handheld products (excluding chainsaws):
Minimum 1L of Husqvarna branded 2 Stroke Oil
Homeowner petrol chainsaws:
Minimum 1L of Husqvarna branded 2 Stroke Oil PLUS a minimum 2L of Husqvarna Bar and Chain Oil
All other petrol chainsaws:
Minimum 1L of Husqvarna branded 2 Stroke Oil PLUS a minimum 5L of Husqvarna Bar and Chain Oil
4-stroke handheld products:
Minimum of 1L of Husqvarna SAE 10W/30 Oil
4-stroke walk behind products:
Minimum 2L of Husqvarna SAE 10W/30 Oil
4-STROKE RIDE-ON PRODUCTS:
Minimum 4L of Husqvarna SAE 10W/30 Oil
Where multiple products are purchased, a qualifying purchase of oil must be made for each individual product, for each product to qualify for the additional warranty period.
B. Product must be registered and the consumer to obtain a copy of the product registration verifying their purchase, and the extended warranty from the participating Husqvarna Dealer at the time of purchase.
Items that fall outside of warranty
- Normal customer maintenance items which become worn through use, including, but not limited to, belts, blades, blade adapters, bearings, bulbs, filters, guide bars, lubricants, tyres, rewind springs, saw chain, spark plugs, starter ropes, tines, drive chains and sprockets.
- Natural discolouration of material due to ultraviolet light.
- Using stale or incorrect fuel mixture in the product.
- Adverse reaction due to incorrect storage and usage habits or contact with corrosive substances such as fertiliser, grass and plant residue including palm tree sap, bore water and other detrimental environmental exposure.
- Failure to operate the unit in accordance with the Owners/Operators manual, this handbook or instruction furnished by Husqvarna related to Australian and New Zealand conditions.
- Additional damage to parts or components due to continued use occurring after any of the above.
- Unauthorised modification of product and use of non-genuine spare parts.
Where to go for warranty repairs
Take your product to any authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealer if it needs warranty repairs. All authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealers will honour the new product warranty, and will repair, replace or adjust free of charge any part of your product that is defective in factory materials or workmanship. Please note that Husqvarna is unable to reimburse the cost of repairs carried out during the warranty period by a repairer other than an authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealer.
Automower® & battery 5 year domestic extended warranty
To extend the standard warranty of Battery products to a total of 5 years the battery product must be serviced annually by an authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealer.
To extend the standard warranty to a total of 5 years or 6,000 working hours the Automower® must be serviced annually by an authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealer AND the consumer must purchase a cleaning and maintenance kit with the Automower® at point of purchase. Automower® must not exceed manufacturers recommenced working area.
Customer Responsibilities Relating to Warranty Claims
The Customer has the right to submit their Husqvarna product for warranty consideration to any authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealer. It is the Customer’s responsibility to furnish the authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealer with proof of purchase information, such as a receipt. Showing the date of supply and the supplier.
The receipt or other relevant proof of purchase would enable the dealer to determine if the warranty claim falls within the accepted warranty time period for any particular product. The Customer must exhibit reasonable care in the maintenance, operation, storage and general upkeep practices as explained in the maintenance section of the Operator’s Manual provided with the product. This includes the whole product or any general wear item or component on the product.
1. Any part or components for which the Warranty has expired
2. Parts that are not specifically recommended by Husqvarna or are not genuine Husqvarna replacement parts or accessories.
3. Parts that are not installed or otherwise services by an authorised Husqvarna Servicing Dealer (excluding consumables).
4. Normal wear of parts and components and visual appearance items, such as paint or stickers. Normal customer maintenance items, including but not limited to (i.e blades, blade adaptors, bulbs, filters, lubricants, springs, cables wear protecttion, seals etc). Unless due to original manufacturing fault.
5. Accident, abuse, misuse, negligence and neglect, including dirt, abrasives, moisture, rust, corrosion, or any adverse reaction due to incorrect storage habits.
6. Alterations or modifications that affect the unit's performance, operation, safety, durability, change its intended use or cause failure of compliance with current regulatory standards.
7. Additional damage to parts or components due to continued use occuring after any of the above.
8. Robotic mower batteries - 24 months or the remainder of the original product warranty if fitted free of charge under the terms of this limited warranty.
9. Automower installation - 2 years on parts only.
Statement of warranty
A. General Terms & Conditions
Husqvarna provides a manufacturer’s warranty to the initial purchaser for each new Husqvarna® branded product that is sold by an Authorised Husqvarna Supplier in Australia or New Zealand. This warranty provides such initial purchaser with a guarantee against faulty workmanship in manufacture and/or defective components for the warranty period (see Part II, below) from the date of purchase. The benefits given by this manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods to which this warranty relates (see Part III and Part IV, below).
B. Making a Claim
If any product supplied by Husqvarna Australia and New Zealand that is found to be defective due to faulty manufacture and/or defective components within the warranty period, Husqvarna through its Authorised Servicing Dealers will repair or replace the product to the customer at Husqvarna’s cost providing:
- Proof of purchase is provided;
- The fault is not caused by misuse, neglect, adjustments and or modifications by the consumer.
- The consumer presents the product at an Authorised Servicing Dealer’s premises.
- Failure has not occurred through normal wear and tear.
- Spare part warranty period is only applicable provided they are installed by a qualified and /or authorised person. Any costs incurred to obtain warranty consideration or services is the consumers responsibility, including shipping and handling,travel expense, lost time, or pickup and delivery.
C. Consumer responsibilities
Please take reasonable steps to maintain the products as outlined in the maintenance section of the owners/operators manual or handbooks. We are not responsible if you cause the product to become of unacceptable quality or if the product is damaged by abnormal use.
Additional statutory warranties
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What legal entity is providing these warranties
The herein described warranties (both manufacturers and statutory) are provided by the following entities:
Within Australia this warranty is provided by Husqvarna Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 45 115 475 619)
4 Pioneer Avenue, Tuggerah NSW 2259. Ph: 1300 804 105